Discover more from Nomada Newsletter
25 Phenomenal Vintage Photos of the Dominican Republic 🇩🇴
What did the DR look like yesteryear? We're here to show you through this collection of retro snapshots...
Today, we’re stepping back in time to check out some fantastic vintage photos of this Caribbean gem.
Below you’ll find some vintage photos from the Dominican Republic.
All before Punta Cana popped off…
1. Dominican playboy Porfirio Rubirosa with his fifth and final wife: actress Francesa Odile Rodin; 1956
2. La Calle El Conde during the revolution of 1965
3. Girls pose at Playa Boca Chica; 1942
4. Santo Domingo; circa 1990
5. The pool at the Hotel Jaragua; 1958
6. Playa de Matancitas; 1984
7. La Avenida Duarte, Santo Domingo; 1989
8. A Dominican traffic officer; 1985
9. Santo Domingo police car; during the 1990s
10. Miss Dominican Republic contestants; 1955
11. Avenida Mella, Santo Domingo; during 1961
12. Jarabacoa; circa 1940
13. Santo Domingo; circa 1985
14. On the malecon of Santo Domingo; 1986
15. San Juan de la Maguana; circa 1958
16. Parque Ramfis; Santo Domingo; 1955
17. San Cristóbal; 1945
18. Santo Domingo; during the 1960s
19. Santo Domingo; 1976
20. Barahona; around 1938
21. Santo Domingo attire; 1942
22. Sánchez, Samaná; circa 1975
23. A Santo Domingo bus; circa 1981
24. Azua; circa 1948
25. Santo Domingo; 1944
If you enjoyed this…
You’ll love my paid content made for red-blooded males with a passion for exploring Latin America.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
You can sign up here:
Nomada Newsletter is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.